Rainbow Days gives hope for a promising future by providing the skills and support children need to make healthy choices, stay drug-free, and believe they have a purpose. When you make a financial gift of support to Rainbow Days, you are making a lasting difference in the lives of the children we serve, and you can be assured that your gift will be used wisely and effectively (nearly .80 cents of every dollar you give goes toward programs).
Please consider joining us in our vision of a drug-free and promising future for every child. Whether a one-time gift or an on-going monthly contribution, you can make a lasting difference in the life of a child!
The Real Estate Project
Are you looking to buy or sell a home this year? Consider working with a group that has a heart to give back to our community. If you select The Real Estate Group to represent you in your next real estate transaction, they will donate 25% of their commission to Rainbow Days upon closing. Click here for more details or contact JT Hardcastle with Hardcastle Real Estate today!
How can your gift make an impact? Please see below for examples of your dollars at work at Rainbow Days.
- $50 – Family Outing – will provide an opportunity for a homeless child along with his/her parents to have a healthy, educational and recreational outing away from the shelter
- $75 –Learning Tool Kit – will provide a homeless child with his/her own interactive learning kit that reinforces the basic “life skills” learned in Rainbow Days' CBSG® Programs
- $150 – Classroom-Based Education – will cover the expenses for one child to participate in an 8-week, classroom-based educational program where local elementary school children learn about the dangers of alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use and how to resist negative peer pressure
- $250– Curriculum-Based Support Group (CBSG®) – gives a child the opportunity to participate in a 10-week Curriculum-Based Support Group where he or she will learn how to resist negative peer pressure, cope with difficult situations, and make healthy choices
- $300 – Summer Day Camp – will provide an opportunity for a child to attend one of three special week long summer day camps, Kids’ University, Camp Bravo!, or Outdoor Adventure Camp
- $1,000 – Supplies - will purchase supplies for over 300 homeless children during one of our annual Family Outings
Heroes of Hope Society
Your gift of $1,000 and above qualifies you for membership in Rainbow Days' Major Gift Giving Society, Heroes of Hope. Heroes of Hope Society members are critical to the mission of Rainbow Days as they faithfully give a cumulative gift of $1,000 or more on an annual basis. In addition to the gratification of knowing your gift is making a significant positive impact in a child's life, as a Hero of Hope member, you also receive a variety of benefits depending on the level of your gift, including: Helping Hands Pin, Children's Artwork, Invitation to Special Events and other meaningful recognition. Please click here for the brochure with all of the details and consider becoming a Hero in the life of a child today.
Corporate and Foundation Gifts
Whether your company or organization has $1,000 or $100,000 charitable dollars set aside, Rainbow Days has an opportunity for you to become a corporate partner. Through our signature events and award-winning programs, we can tailor a benefit package to your company's budget and philanthropic needs.
- Event Sponsorship - Become a sponsor at our major annual fundraising event, the Pot of Gold Luncheon, and/or a special event for the children including Saturday with Santa, Easter Eggstravaganza and Back-to-School Celebration.
- Foundation Grants - Private Foundations represent not only a substantial, but also a critical, source of funding for our organization. Foundations have the opportunity to allocate funds to specific programs or general operating support.
- Matching Gift Programs – Rainbow Days encourages companies to join with their employees to support charitable organizations with a matching gift program. Please check with your Human Resources Department to see if your company has a matching gifts program.
- Tribute Gifts - Corporations will often donate money “in honor of” their clients, guests, or employees. Host a fundraising event and donate the proceeds to the lifesaving work of Rainbow Days. From restaurant grand opening celebrations to annual golf tournaments, many generous businesses and organizations have chosen Rainbow Days to benefit from their self-organized special events and efforts.
Rainbow Days is grateful for the hundreds of in-kind supporters who make our programs possible. We need in-kind donations of all kinds, including: services (such as printing or consulting), supplies (such as crafts and office products), and products (such as items for our fundraising event auctions and prizes for the children). Here are a variety of ways you can get involved:
- Pot of Gold Auction Items: The Auction is a vital part of our annual luncheon which helps to generate approximately $20,000 toward our total fundraising goal. Please consider how you or your business could help by donating an item to be placed in our auction. Past items have included: Airline Tickets, Bath Products, Dining & Entertainment Gift Certificates, Golf & Hotel Packages, Home Décor & Jewelry, Spa & Salon Packages, Sports Memorabilia, Stationary & Gift Items and more.
- Camp Lunch Donors: Help feed hungry tummies! Each summer, over 700 children residing in area homeless shelters participate in one or more of Rainbow Days' special week long summer day camps. We need generous donors in the community who are willing to help provide breakfast, lunch and healthy snacks for the children to have a successful camp week!
- Backpacks & Supplies: Help a child to succeed in school! We need school supplies and backpacks to help give over 500 children from area shelters a fresh start to the new school year. This is a great project for a family or groups of friends, neighbors, coworkers or Sunday school class members.
- Family Outings: At three major events each year, Back-to-School Celebration, Saturday with Santa and Easter Eggstravaganza, we host hundreds of families from local shelters at carnival-like events that provide positive family bonding time and meet some of their immediate needs. We need a variety of supplies to help make these events a success - items ranging from snacks, small prizes, small toys & stickers to bounce houses, snow cone machines, cookies and other activities.
- Learning Tool Kit Supplies: We need donations of new children’s scissors, construction paper, crayons, glue sticks, markers, pencils, plastic baggies, plus the financial/in-kind resources to get our printed materials professionally printed for these portable educational tool kits.
Other Ways to Give
Grocery Shopping – Raise Even More $ for Rainbow Days!
The next time you head to the store, don’t forget to register your grocery card to begin donating a portion of your purchases to Rainbow Days! It may not sound like much, but 1 percent of all of our supporters’ purchases adds up to over $1,000 a year for Rainbow Days!
- Tom Thumb: Add Rainbow Days Good Neighbor number: 1503 to your Reward Card.
- Kroger’s: Download Rainbow Days' share card here
- Albertson's: Add Rainbow Days Community Partners ID: 49001001185 to be placed on your preferred card.
What if Rainbow Days earned a donation every time you searched the Internet? Or, what if a percentage of every purchase you made online went to support our cause? Well, now it can!
GoodSearch.com is a Yahoo-powered search engine that donates half its advertising revenue, about a penny per search, to the charities its users designate. Use it just as you would any search engine, get quality search results from Yahoo, and watch the donations add up!
GoodShop.com is an online shopping mall that donates up to a third of each purchase to your favorite cause! Hundreds of great stores including Amazon, Target, Gap, Best Buy, ebay, Macy's and Barnes & Noble have teamed up with GoodShop and every time you place an order, you'll be supporting your favorite cause.
To start raising money for Rainbow Days through your internet searches, just go to www.goodsearch.com and be sure to enter Rainbow Days as the charity you want to support.
If you would like to contribute to Rainbow Days, please contact or at 214.217.3814