Through its Training Services Division, Rainbow Days expands the scope and impact of its Dallas area prevention services by training individuals throughout Texas and the United States in how to implement its Curriculum-Based Support Group (CBSG®) Program. To date, Rainbow Days has trained close to 18,000 professionals and volunteers in 35 states to implement its Curriculum-Based Support Group (CBSG®) Program.
The CBSG® Program Facilitator Training
The CBSG® Program Facilitator Training prepares prevention specialists, school counselors and other youth service professionals and volunteers to fully implement Rainbow Days’ CBSG® Program with fidelity. Note: This training is required in order to receive the CBSG® Program Facilitator Manual.
Training content includes:
- The theoretical foundations of the CBSG® Program;
- Risk and protective factors addressed by the CBSG® Program;
- How to implement the CBSG® Program in your setting;
- Adverse childhood experiences and their impact on children and youth;
- Enhancing cultural competency;
- The role of the CBSG® facilitator;
- Opportunities to practice facilitation skills using the CBSG® Program Facilitator Manual.
CBSG® Program Facilitator Training can be delivered on-site in your city or through Rainbow Days sponsored workshops offered in cities throughout Texas.
On-Site Training Workshop
The cost to host the one-day CBSG® Program Facilitator Training in your city for 15 individuals is as follows
- Training Fee for 1 day CBSG® Program Facilitator Training (for 15 participants) $ 3,500.00*
- For each additional participant over first 15 $150/person*
- Reimbursement for Travel
Airfare or mileage (at $.50/mile)
Lodging for one night
Per Diem ($36 per day )
Rental Car and Gasoline (when applicable)
Airport Parking (when applicable)
Luggage Fees (when applicable)
- On-Going Support and Technical Assistance
Rainbow Days seeks to develop and maintain a reciprocal partnership with CBSG® Program providers and will offer ongoing support and technical assistance following training. (No additional charge)
* This fee includes a CBSG® Program Facilitator Manualfor each participant. The manual contains all necessary program handouts on a CD with permission to reproduce as well as quality assurance materials.
Open Training Workshops
Rainbow Days, through a grant from the Office of the Governor of Texas-Criminal Justice Division, offers the CBSG® Program Facilitator Training in cities throughout Texas. Please see the Comprehensive Training Schedule for more information.
We are offering four webinars this summer -you can register for one or all four! Through innovative training, Trans4m equips individuals to help the children, youth and families they serve to pursue excellence.
Trans4m Webinar Schedule
Thursday, May 30, 2013, 9:30 am to 11:30 am, CDT
"Adverse Childhood Experiences: Implications for Working with Children and Youth"
Trainer: Janet Mitchell
Register for Adverse Childhood Experiences
Thursday, June 20, 2013, 9:30 am to 11:30 am, CDT
"Overload: What Too Much Stress Does to the Adolescent Brain"
Trainer: Karen Williams
Register for Overload
Thursday, July 18, 2013, 9:30 am to 11:30 am, CDT
"Resilient Organizations: From Surviving to Thriving in Times of Change"
Trainer: Cathey Brown
Register for Resilient Organizations
Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 9:30 am to 11:30 am, CDT
"Care of the Caregiver: Stress Management for the Workplace"
Trainer: Kathy Daley
Register for Care of the Caregiver
Cost and Registration
The registration fee for each webinar is $45. Or, you may register for all four webinars for $150 - a savings of $30!
Join Our Mailing List
To join the Training List and receive updates about upcoming trainings please enter your email address, click ‘go’ and then select ‘Training List’ from the new window that opens.
For more information or to register for any of our trainings, please call or email at (800) 899-7828 or (214) 887-0726